Our Blonde Rice Risotto with Lemon and Herbs is a celebration of vibrant flavors and fresh ingredients. At Chico Rice, we take pride in our exceptional Blonde Milled California Japonica Rice, a grain known for its delicate taste and quick cooking time. In this delightful risotto recipe, we've combined the subtle nuttiness of our Blonde Rice with zesty lemon and aromatic herbs to create a dish that's both light and bursting with flavor. Perfect for any occasion, our risotto will transport your taste buds to a sun-soaked Mediterranean garden. Join us on a journey where simplicity meets sophistication, and a dish that looks and tastes like pure elegance.
Creating this dish is a breeze, making it a wonderful option for both novice and experienced cooks. In just 40 minutes, you can have a restaurant-quality meal ready to enjoy. If you're looking for a dish that embodies the essence of freshness and flavor, our Blonde Rice Risotto with Lemon and Herbs is the perfect choice. This versatile recipe serves four, and any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Whether you're sharing a special dinner with loved ones or simply enjoying a peaceful evening, our risotto brings a taste of luxury to your home.
Blonde Rice Risotto with Lemon and Herbs
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup Chico Rice Blonde Milled California Japonica Rice
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth (low-sodium)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (optional)
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese for garnish (optional)
1. In a saucepan, warm the chicken or vegetable broth over low heat. Keep it simmering but not boiling.
2. In a separate large skillet or wide saucepan, heat the butter and olive oil over medium heat.
3. Add the chopped onion and sauté until it becomes translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
4. Stir in the minced garlic and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
5. Add the Blonde Rice to the skillet, stirring constantly, for about 2-3 minutes until the rice is lightly toasted and well coated with the butter and oil.
6. If using, pour in the white wine and cook until the liquid has mostly evaporated.
7. Begin adding the warm broth to the rice, one ladle at a time. Stir frequently and allow the liquid to be absorbed before adding more. Continue this process for about 18-20 minutes or until the rice is creamy and cooked to your desired level of doneness. You might not need all the broth, or you may need a bit more liquid. Taste the rice as you go.
8. Once the rice is creamy and cooked, remove the skillet from heat.
9. Stir in the lemon zest and juice for a refreshing citrus flavor.
10. Gently fold in the chopped basil and parsley to infuse the risotto with fresh herb flavors.
11. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
12. If desired, serve the risotto garnished with grated Parmesan cheese.
Storage: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop with a little extra broth to maintain its creamy consistency.
Enjoy this flavorful and comforting meal!