Are you ready to embark on a flavorful journey that combines the vibrant notes of California freshness with the delicate art of sushi-making? At Chico Rice, we're passionate about crafting recipes that are not only delectable but also easy to create in the comfort of your own home. Our Blonde Rice Sushi Rolls with Avocado and Mango are no exception. It's a culinary creation that elevates the sushi experience by introducing a harmonious blend of fresh, tropical flavors to your plate.
With a base of our remarkable Blonde Milled California Japonica Rice, these sushi rolls serve as the perfect canvas for a palette of colors and textures. Creamy avocado, sweet mango, crisp cucumber, and vibrant red bell pepper come together to deliver a taste that's both refreshing and satisfying. Whether you're a seasoned sushi chef or a novice, these rolls are easy to assemble, making them an excellent choice for a delightful weeknight dinner or a fun, interactive meal with friends and family. Let’s embark on this tropical sushi adventure and savor the extraordinary flavors together!
Blonde Rice Sushi Rolls with Avocado and Mango
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 4 (8 sushi rolls)
- 2 cups Chico Rice's Blonde Milled California Japonica Rice
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 nori (seaweed) sheets
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 ripe mango, sliced
- 1 cucumber, julienned
- 1/2 red bell pepper, julienned
- Soy sauce, for dipping
- Pickled ginger and wasabi, for serving
1. Rinse Chico Rice's Blonde Milled California Japonica Rice under cold water until the water runs clear. In a medium saucepan, combine the rice and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 18 minutes. Remove from heat and let it sit, covered, for an additional 5 minutes.
2. In a small saucepan, heat the rice vinegar, sugar, and salt over low heat until the sugar dissolves. Transfer the cooked rice to a large bowl, drizzle the vinegar mixture over it, and gently fold the rice to combine. Allow it to cool to room temperature.
3. Place a bamboo sushi rolling mat on a clean, flat surface and cover it with plastic wrap. Lay a sheet of nori, shiny side down, on the plastic-covered mat.
4. Wet your hands and grab a handful of seasoned rice, spreading it evenly over the nori, leaving about 1 inch at the top edge uncovered.
5. Lay slices of avocado, mango, cucumber, and red bell pepper in the center of the rice.
6. Carefully lift the edge of the bamboo mat closest to you with both hands, rolling it over the filling and press gently. Continue rolling until you reach the uncovered edge. Moisten the uncovered edge of the nori with a little water and press to seal.
7. Using a sharp knife dipped in water, slice each sushi roll into bite-sized pieces. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to create more rolls.
8. Serve the sushi rolls with soy sauce, pickled ginger, and wasabi.
Storage: Sushi is best when fresh, but if you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. To maintain their freshness, cover the sushi with a damp cloth and plastic wrap. Avoid storing with soy sauce, as it can make the rice mushy.