Get ready to savor the irresistible flavors of Italy with our Crispy Eggplant Parmesan. At Chico Rice, we're all about transforming timeless classics into delightful gluten-free creations. With the use of our Brown Rice Flour, made from our exquisite Brown Milled California Japonica rice, we've crafted a crispy, golden-brown coating that perfectly complements the tender eggplant slices. Our flour is ground fresh, ensuring the highest quality in every bite, and it's the secret to creating this gluten-free twist on a beloved Italian dish.
In this gluten-free version, slices of eggplant are coated in a crispy breading mixture made with Chico Rice's Brown Rice Flour, gluten-free breadcrumbs, and aromatic herbs. These breaded beauties are then pan-fried to a perfect golden hue, creating a crunchy texture that beautifully contrasts with the soft eggplant inside. We layer the eggplant slices with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese, creating a melty, gooey topping that's the essence of comfort food. Every bite of this Crispy Eggplant Parmesan is a gluten-free delight, perfect for sharing with loved ones or enjoying on your own. Say goodbye to gluten without sacrificing the flavors you adore, thanks to Chico Rice's dedication to quality and freshness.
Crispy Eggplant Parmesan:
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 2 cups Chico Rice's Brown Rice Flour
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Olive oil for frying
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In a shallow dish, place Chico Rice's Brown Rice Flour. In another dish, add beaten eggs. In a third dish, combine gluten-free breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, dried oregano, dried basil, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
3. Dredge each eggplant slice in the rice flour, then dip into the beaten eggs, and finally, coat with the breadcrumb mixture, pressing the breadcrumbs gently to adhere.
4. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Fry the coated eggplant slices until they are golden brown on both sides. Place them on a paper towel-lined plate to remove excess oil.
5. In a 9x13-inch baking dish, spread a thin layer of marinara sauce. Arrange half of the crispy eggplant slices over the sauce. Top the eggplant with more marinara sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese. Repeat the layering with the remaining eggplant, sauce, and cheese.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and golden.
7. Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve hot.
Storage: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Reheat in the oven or a toaster oven to maintain the crispiness.
Enjoy your Crispy Eggplant Parmesan, a gluten-free twist on a classic Italian favorite made even more delicious with Chico Rice's Brown Rice Flour.