Prepare your taste buds for a tantalizing experience with our Sesame Ginger Chico Rice Stir-fry. Made with our signature Brown Milled California Japonica Rice, this dish is a harmonious blend of earthy richness, zest, and a hint of spice. At Chico Rice, we know that food should be both nutritious and delicious, and this recipe exemplifies that knowledge. Using fresh, high-quality ingredients and the finest rice, we've created a meal that's quick and easy to prepare, making it the ideal choice for busy weeknights or relaxed weekends. So, let's dive into a world of flavors, where our rice serves as the perfect canvas for this delicious stir-fry that will take your taste buds on a delightful journey.
This delectable stir-fry is a time-saving delight, requiring only 35 minutes to make. It's a perfect recipe for a family of four or a quick dinner for two, with the option to store any leftovers in the fridge for up to two days. With our Sesame Ginger Chico Rice Stir-fry, you'll discover a new favorite in your weekly meal rotation, bringing freshness and flavor to the forefront of your culinary experience.
Sesame Ginger Chico Rice Stir-fry
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 cups of Blonde Milled California Japonica Rice
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts or tofu for a vegetarian option, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, minced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced bell peppers (use a mix of colors)
- 1 cup snap peas
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust to your preferred spice level)
- Sesame seeds for garnish
1. Rinse Chico Rice (Blonde Milled California Japonica Rice) under cold water until the water runs clear. In a medium saucepan, combine the rice and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 18 minutes. Remove from heat and let it sit, covered, for an additional 5 minutes.
2. In a large skillet or wok, heat one tablespoon of vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken or tofu and cook until browned and cooked through. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
3. In the same skillet, add the remaining one tablespoon of vegetable oil. Add minced garlic and ginger. Sauté for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
4. Add broccoli, bell peppers, snap peas, and carrots to the skillet. Stir-fry for about 5-7 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
5. Return the cooked chicken or tofu to the skillet with the vegetables.
6. In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, honey, and red pepper flakes.
7. Pour the sauce over the stir-fry and toss everything together for an additional 2-3 minutes.
8. To serve, divide the cooked Chico Rice among four plates and top with the stir-fry mixture.
9. Garnish with sliced scallions and sesame seeds.
Storage: Store any leftover stir-fry in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop, adding a little water to maintain moisture.
This Sesame Ginger Chico Rice Stir-Fry is a quick and delicious meal that serves four. Enjoy the flavors of this tasty stir-fry!